Wednesday 27 December 2017

Post 368: Simple Layered Christmas Card (mandalas)

Hi folks!

I'd like to share a Simple Layered Christmas Card. This was part of my DT work for Bob n Betty. All the details are here. I wanted to use decoupage papers in cardmaking because the mandala designs were so pretty, I thought it would be so cool to use them for non-traditional cards all year round. I used very few supplies for these as I wanted to process to be very simple. I made a set of 4, which I will share one by one. Hope you like them :) These cards are approx 4 by 8 inches in size. I used a die cut phrase for the sentiment (creating a shadow effect by adhering a black die cut a little off centre underneath, to make it more visible) and a few butterflies stamped, heat embossed in white and fussy cut out of vellum as an embellishment. 

List of Supplies:

Cutplorations Peace Love Joy Phrase Die
Mudra Stamp- Butterfly Layers
Bob n Betty Decoupage Papers- Imperial Collection
Ranger's Super Fine White Embossing Powder
Ranger's Heat tool
Versamark Watermark Mini pad
White & red cardstock
Tim Holtz Paper Distressor

Here is a photo of the card:


I am playing along with the following challenges:

Cutplorations December Challenge (was inspired by the christmas theme in the photo)

Stamplorations Never Ending Anything Goes Challenge


Thanks for your time :)
Love reading your sweet comments.
Stay Blessed!

2 comments:

  1. A very creative idea, Preeti. I like how the sentiment is almost hidden in the mandala design. Thanks so much for joining us at CUTplorations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card with that mandala.
    Love the colors and perfect die cut sentiment.
    Thank you for playing along with our CUTplorstions December Challenge. We hope to see you again at January Challenge. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete